Archive for category Tools & Tips
Many Mac apps will ask for access to your Contacts or other data to provide a seamless user experience. If you deny access on launch, it’s easy to allow access at a future time. Simply open your System Preferences and choose Security & Privacy. From this screen you can select Contacts and then check the box to allow access to the listed apps.
Adding a Zebra wireless printer like the GX420d to an Apple-based network can be problematic. First, the Zebra networking documentation is geared towards enterprise installations. Second, you need to have access to a Windows PC in order to configure the network interface on the printer. To begin you’ll need to know your wireless network’s name and password.
- Download the Zebra Setup Utility application from Zebra Printer Setup Utility Download
- Connect the printer via USB to your PC
- Open the Zebra Setup Utility, select the USB printer and press the Configure Printer Connectivity button
- Choose the Wireless option and press Next
- Press the Next button to skip the IP setting if using DHCP or choose Static to set a fixed IP (Recommended)
- Enter the name of your wireless network (it’s case-sensitive!) and choose the WPA-PSK security and press Next
- Press the String radio button and enter your wireless network password then press Next
- Press Next to skip advanced settings
- Press Next again to bypass the final stream
- Choose the Printer option and press Finish to have the configuration download to your printer
The printer will then reset and should show that it’s connected to your wireless network on the LCD display. You’re now ready to print from NRGship Pro!
Having UPS stop at your business only when you have a package can save fuel, reduce carbon emissions and save you some money off the cost of standard UPS Daily Pickup. By utilizing UPS Smart Pickup® your pickups can be scheduled on demand. When you ship your first package of the day, NRGship will communicate with UPS and the driver will receive a UPS Smart Pickup notification to pick up all prepared packages. If your first package is processes too late in the day the pickup will be scheduled for the next business day or you can find a UPS location for drop off.
UPS Smart Pickup® can be easily configured for your UPS account by setting up a default pickup time. One the pickup service is enabled, you can turn it on in NRGship or NRGship Pro by simply checking a box to enable UPS Smart Pickup®.
We receive numerous support requests each week from users who would like to use a Zebra thermal printer on their Mac for printing of shipping labels in NRGship. In the video below, we walk you thru the steps to quickly add this printer. Thermal printers like the ZP-450 are a cost-effective way to improve your shipping workflow as they require no toner or ink and the shipping label stock is provided free by UPS and FedEx. Contact our sales department for more information on these printers!
We’re here at Macworld iWorld and we’ve introduced a new tool to make shipping even easier for NRGship customers. Be sure to check out NRG Quickship for Safari for one-click shipping from the web to any NRGship UPS software solution.
One click on the toolbar populates all of your shipping details in seconds. Create your label, paste back the tracking number to easily update your customers. Support for Amazon, Bigcommerce, Etsy, Magento, PayPal, Shopify and Volusion. More Marketplaces and Ecommerce systems being added monthly.