Adding a Zebra wireless printer like the GX420d to an Apple-based network can be problematic. First, the Zebra networking documentation is geared towards enterprise installations. Second, you need to have access to a Windows PC in order to configure the network interface on the printer. To begin you’ll need to know your wireless network’s name and password.
- Download the Zebra Setup Utility application from Zebra Printer Setup Utility Download
- Connect the printer via USB to your PC
- Open the Zebra Setup Utility, select the USB printer and press the Configure Printer Connectivity button
- Choose the Wireless option and press Next
- Press the Next button to skip the IP setting if using DHCP or choose Static to set a fixed IP (Recommended)
- Enter the name of your wireless network (it’s case-sensitive!) and choose the WPA-PSK security and press Next
- Press the String radio button and enter your wireless network password then press Next
- Press Next to skip advanced settings
- Press Next again to bypass the final stream
- Choose the Printer option and press Finish to have the configuration download to your printer
The printer will then reset and should show that it’s connected to your wireless network on the LCD display. You’re now ready to print from NRGship Pro!