NRG Software is excited to announced that the current releases of all NRGship products are compatible with FileMaker Pro 15. Customers using NRG Ship Connect should email firstname.lastname@example.org for upgrade information.
More information on upgrading NRGship for FileMaker can be found here.
Adding a Zebra wireless printer like the GX420d to an Apple-based network can be problematic. First, the Zebra networking documentation is geared towards enterprise installations. Second, you need to have access to a Windows PC in order to configure the network interface on the printer. To begin you’ll need to know your wireless network’s name and password.
- Download the Zebra Setup Utility application from Zebra Printer Setup Utility Download
- Connect the printer via USB to your PC
- Open the Zebra Setup Utility, select the USB printer and press the Configure Printer Connectivity button
- Choose the Wireless option and press Next
- Press the Next button to skip the IP setting if using DHCP or choose Static to set a fixed IP (Recommended)
- Enter the name of your wireless network (it’s case-sensitive!) and choose the WPA-PSK security and press Next
- Press the String radio button and enter your wireless network password then press Next
- Press Next to skip advanced settings
- Press Next again to bypass the final stream
- Choose the Printer option and press Finish to have the configuration download to your printer
The printer will then reset and should show that it’s connected to your wireless network on the LCD display. You’re now ready to print from NRGship Pro!
NRGship users can now utilize UPS Access Point locations, neighborhood stores designed to make online shopping easier and delivery more convenient for customers. Available as an ancillary shipping option, the Access Point ID can be provided by your customer or ecommerce system for entry. Your shipping label will then be generated using this alternate delivery address and your customer can pickup their package during convenient business hours vs. waiting at home to sign for a package. Find more information on Access Point Network @ ups.com.
NRGship is the first UPS Ready® shipping solution to offer the UPS Smart Pickup® option, an innovative technology which automatically arranges pickups only when you have packages to ship. When your first shipment of the day is processed, NRGship automatically notifies UPS to make a UPS Smart Pickup on that day. UPS Smart Pickup is ideal for lower volume shippers who don’t need a daily pickup but prefer the convenience of driver pickup. Simply follow the steps below to quickly setup your UPS Account for Smart Pickup. If your first package is processed late in the day your pickup will be scheduled for the next day or you can manually request a UPS On-Call Pickup® or find a UPS location to drop off your package. You can find more information about Smart Pickup (and related fees) along with other services at ups.com.
- First, login to the Maintain Your UPS Account page
- Select the UPS Account you want to enable Smart Pickup
- Press the Edit button under the Your Pickup Type and Information subheading
- Choose UPS Smart Pickup and select the appropriate pickup times.
- Press the Update button to save your selection
- Changes on your UPS Account can take up to three days. Once Smart Pickup is enabled for your account you can edit your NRGship preferences to take advantage of this new feature!