Search The Knowledge Base
Browse By Category
| UPS for FileMaker Articles by Category
UPS for FileMaker
There were 55 articles found for this product:
- Why am I getting a thermal label when my printer setting is laser?
When creating shipping labels in NRGship Pro for UPS or any NRG FileMaker solution, the preference for printer type is set when you create the shipping record. If you wish to switch your labels from thermal to laser, you can do so in the Printer Preferences. However, you must create a new ship r ...
- Why am I getting a laser label when my printer setting is thermal?
When creating shipping labels in NRGship Pro for UPS or any NRG FileMaker solution, the preference for printer type is set and stored when you create the ship record. If you wish to switch your labels from laser to thermal, you can do so in the Printer Preferences. However, you must create a new ...
- Which digital scales are supported by NRG's shipping software?
NRG's shipping software for Mac and FileMaker supports a variety of digital scales including: Mettler Toledo PS60 In FileMaker, this scale should be selected as the model type for Toledo scales connected through Serial to USB adapter on Mac or Windows, or direct serial on Windows. Fairbanks Ul ...
- Error: The XML document is not well formed
If you are getting the following error The XML Document is not well formed when rating or printing UPS shipments in NRGship UPS Pro or UPS for FileMaker, it is because you have special characters in the address field. If your address contains &, < or >, remove the symbols and rate or pr ...
- Do NRGship products for UPS support the new "UPS Smart Pickup" option?
This year, UPS changed their pick up options and introduced the new "UPS Smart Pickup" which alerts the driver for a pickup when you process your packages via UPS Internet Shipping - making it more efficient and costly than a daily pickup for smaller companies. Unfortunately, NRGship users can ...
- How can I print shipping labels to an alternate thermal printer when using FileMaker Pro?
UPS for FileMaker preferences allow selection of a single output device, which requires all workstations to be setup consistently in a multi-user environment. However, when integrated with FileMaker Pro you can override the default settings by setting a value in one of the following global field ...
- How can I display UPS tracking data in FileMaker?
You can easily provide tracking data to end-users without requiring an install of the NRGship plugins on all workstations. In your database, you can simply link to UPS.com for tracking data and pass in the returned tracking number. Create an Open URL script step with a calculated result of: R ...
- How can I improve label printing speed?
In the application preferences there is a popup selector for label printing speed. The default value is "2" which works well with most thermal printers, however you can try to use the "4" setting for increased printing speed. If the printer has issues at these faster speeds, revert back to the ...
- When I open the NRG FileMaker file off a FileMaker Pro host it's asking me for a username and password.
If you are getting a dialog asking for a username/password, then the database file was not set for sharing before it was placed on your FileMaker Pro Server. Go to preferences in the carrier solution, click on the Developer/Maintenance tab and then run the Multi-User On or Multi-User On (Hidden ...
- Can I view my shipments from NRG's UPS Shipping Software in my online MY UPS account?
Unfortunately, shipments created via NRG's UPS Shipping Software cannot be viewed by your My UPS account. You can track your shipments when logged in to My UPS, but they will not automatically appear in your shipping history.
- How do I print high-value control logs for my UPS driver to sign?
All NRGship UPS shipping software supports high value reports on a per-shipment basis. If your shipment contains a package with a value greater than or equal to $1000 then a high value report will be returned. Your UPS driver will sign and return one copy of the receipt. This is your proof that ...
- Does NRG's UPS Shipping Software support multiple UPS accounts?
NRGship UPS Pro and UPS for FileMaker support multiple UPS accounts. You can specify a "default" account for new shipments in the Preferences menu. You can add additional UPS accounts in the Accounts tab under Preferences and choose which account you'd like to use under the Sender tab on the mai ...
- Why is the return address incomplete on my shipping label printed from NRG's UPS Shipping Software?
If you are generating a UPS label and have two or more return address lines, only the first address line will appear on the printed label. Be assured that the whole address has been provided to UPS. If you want to have the whole address printed, merge the data from lines one and two, and be sure ...
- Why is the shipping address incomplete on my label printed from NRG's UPS Shipping Software?
If you are generating a UPS label be sure to keep the length of the name, contact and address fields to no greater than 35 characters as the data will be truncated. NRGship UPS users, the address line will display characters over 35 in red like this: NRGship UPS Pro and UPS for FileMaker users, ...
- How can I get FREE printer supplies to use with NRG's UPS Shipping Software?
If you ship via UPS, you can receive FREE printer supplies for thermal or laser output by accessing UPS supplies online.
- Can I use a Zebra S4M Printer with NRG's UPS Shipping Software?
No. There is a known issue with S4M printers and printing of UPS online labels. Until this issue is resolved, please consider an alternative EPL printer from Zebra for use with NRG's UPS Shipping Software.
- How do I set a future ship date in NRG's UPS Shipping Software?
With NRG's UPS Shipping Software, there is no need to set future ship date. You can print a shipping label today, and physically drop off the package up to 14 days later.
- Why are my thermal printer labels printing upside down from NRG's UPS Shipping Software?
We have found that some printers default to "bottom up" printing. The printer needs to be re-configured to print "top up". To do this, create a text file on your hard drive using any text editor and include the text "ZT". Save to disk. Now FTP to your printer and issue a command "put" with the f ...
- Does NRG's UPS Shipping Software support international shipping?
Yes! You can ship FROM or TO international destinations. The following counties are valid as origin countries: Argentina Australia Austria Belgium Brazil Canada Chile China Costa Rica Czech Republic Denmark Dominican Republic Finland France Germany Greece Guatemala Hong Kong Hungary India Indone ...
- Error: 250002 Invalid UserID/Password on Shipment in NRG's UPS Shipping Software
This error will occur if you perform a lost password request at UPS.com or if you login to UPS.com with the UPS Rate Code from NRG's UPS Shipping Software. The rate code (My UPS ID) should only be used with NRG's UPS Shipping Software. First, go to NRG's preferences, and click on the Account tab ...