Search The Knowledge Base
Browse By Category
|When I print Endicia labels, the 2D "DataMatrix" Label is not printing
When using NRGShip for Endicia Label Server with a Zebra LP2844 printer, the 2D "DataMatrix" bar code may not print. This is a crucial issue, as this bar code is the postage stamp!
|User Opinions (20 votes)
Thank you for rating this answer.
The steps below are provided as an FYI and are not supported by NRG Software Support.
Note: The Zebra printer must connected directly to the Mac to update the firmware. It cannot be connected to the network (e.g. cannot be connected to a network print server, it must be directly connected via USB).
1) Download the support kit from nrgsoft.com: http://www.nrgsoft.com/support/assets/2844_V4_70_1A_DMX.prg.zip
2) Unzip the downloaded file
3) Copy the file 2844_V4_70_1A_DMX.prg to the root of the hard drive
4) Open Terminal (Applications->Utilities->Terminal) and enter the command below:
Note: The Zebra printer must connected directly to the PC to update the firmware. It cannot be connected to the network (e.g. cannot be connected to a network print server, it must be directly connected via USB or parallel port to the PC).
1) Download the support kit from nrgsoft.com: http://www.nrgsoft.com/support/assets/Zebra_Firmware.zip
2) Unzip the downloaded file
3) Run the file: firmdownv103.exe to install the Firmware installer.
After the installer is loaded up, take these steps:
Launch Firmware downloader from Start | Programs | Zebra | Firmware downloader
Goto Printer | Auto-detect (any errors, click OK)
Find your Zebra LP2844 printer in the list *see below*
Right click on the Printer# that has your printer and choose Select Firmware File
Browse to the file that you unzipped the file to to find 2844_V4_70_1A_DMX.prg
Right click again on the Printer# and choose Download to Selected
Close firmware Downloader
Turn off power to your printer
Turn on power to your printer, while holding the paper feed button for 3 seconds (will blink red)
Release the button and will print out (this is called a dump on the printer)
The top of the printed page should tell you the version, and it should be v4.70.1A
Push the print paper feed again to remove from dump
Now USPS labels should print properly with the postage bar code.
If there are any errors or problems, the update will not be successful, even if the printer shows the correct version. If any errors or problems occur, reboot the PC and printer and try again.
Note: If the printer shows up as anything other than Zebra LP2844, it may not accept the firmware upgrade. Reasons for this include:
- Age of the printer -- older printers will not accept the firmware. Older printers simply cannot print the DataMatrix code
- The printer is a special model created for UPS or FedEx directly, making it unable to accept firmware upgrades.
Try to apply the firmware upgrade. If the dump label does not show the updated firmware (at the top of the print out), the printer is unable to accept firmware upgrades and needs to be replaced in order to print DataMatrix postage.
Comments and issues related to DataMatrix and Zebra printers should be directed to Zebra technical support at (877)275-9327
Good DataMatrix barcode
Bad DataMatrix barcode
No Related Articles Were Found
No Attachments Related to This Article