NRG Software is proud to sponsor the .fmp[x]Berlin pan-European Unconference for Filemaker Developers. We look forward to talking FileMaker Pro and UPS shipping June 2-4, 2016 at the GLS Campus Berlin and relaxing with some beer and brats!
You shipped a package that’s been picked up and then realized it went to the wrong address. NRGship users can easily use UPS Delivery Intercept℠ to redirect the package to the correct destination. First, you will need to login in to UPS.com using your account. Next, paste the package’s tracking number into the Track box and track it. On the Tracking Detail page press the button to Change Delivery. Choose a delivery option to complete the Intercept.
For more information on UPS Delivery Intercept see UPS.com.
NRG Software is excited to announced that the current releases of all NRGship products are compatible with FileMaker Pro 15. Customers using NRG Ship Connect should email firstname.lastname@example.org for upgrade information.
More information on upgrading NRGship for FileMaker can be found here.
Adding a Zebra wireless printer like the GX420d to an Apple-based network can be problematic. First, the Zebra networking documentation is geared towards enterprise installations. Second, you need to have access to a Windows PC in order to configure the network interface on the printer. To begin you’ll need to know your wireless network’s name and password.
- Download the Zebra Setup Utility application from Zebra Printer Setup Utility Download
- Connect the printer via USB to your PC
- Open the Zebra Setup Utility, select the USB printer and press the Configure Printer Connectivity button
- Choose the Wireless option and press Next
- Press the Next button to skip the IP setting if using DHCP or choose Static to set a fixed IP (Recommended)
- Enter the name of your wireless network (it’s case-sensitive!) and choose the WPA-PSK security and press Next
- Press the String radio button and enter your wireless network password then press Next
- Press Next to skip advanced settings
- Press Next again to bypass the final stream
- Choose the Printer option and press Finish to have the configuration download to your printer
The printer will then reset and should show that it’s connected to your wireless network on the LCD display. You’re now ready to print from NRGship Pro!
NRGship users can now utilize UPS Access Point locations, neighborhood stores designed to make online shopping easier and delivery more convenient for customers. Available as an ancillary shipping option, the Access Point ID can be provided by your customer or ecommerce system for entry. Your shipping label will then be generated using this alternate delivery address and your customer can pickup their package during convenient business hours vs. waiting at home to sign for a package. Find more information on Access Point Network @ ups.com.