This is a common question we get from other FileMaker developers. Recently we were contacted by a customer who wanted help integrating their mailing database with NRGship FedEx for FileMaker. This customer had a fairly simple use case – on a weekly or monthly basis they are sending out printed materials to one of a few hundred locations. Each shipment could be one or more boxes of a varied weight via FedEx Ground. They’d also like to see shipment history and tracking for previous shipments. In under two hours we were able to modify their database so they could perform the following functions:
- Add a shipment with one or more more packages to a CRM record
- Capture weight off a USB-connected scale
- Select pre-defined box sizes or enter dimensions manually
- Print shipping labels to a networked Zebra printer
- Allow users with certain permisions to void or delete shipments
- Show a history of shipments with links to track at FedEx.com
- Produce FedEx Ground End Of Day reports
- Validate delivery addresses on data entry screens (and batch validate existing addresses)
All of this development was done using standard FileMaker scripting with no need to understand XML, JSON, Web Services or CURL. NRG solutions are available for all current versions of FileMaker Pro and can be used on the desktop, thru FileMaker Go or with Web Direct.
NRGship FedEx for FileMaker is a Certified FedEx Compatible solution.